Sunday, November 25, 2012

My Rachel Ray Moment

Here is a super quick dinner idea!

I was at my local grocery store last week and they had Aidells Hawaiian Style Chicken Meatballs on sale. Okay I said, I'll give these a try. The back of the package had three different serving suggestions and I thought the soup option sounded like the easiest.


Of course I didn't think it all the way through when I was shopping and failed to buy bok choy. I did however, remember the noodles and the first time I made this, I used Japanese Soba Noodles that cook up in a jiffy, just 4 minutes. Dinner was ready in less than 30 minutes! Here are the ingredients that I used in the first attempt:
Chicken broth
Aidells Meatballs
Ginger
Braggs Liquid Aminos (This tastes very much like soy sauce)
Soba Noodles 
Baby Spinach


I  used 3 boxes of chicken broth plus a little water & the entire package of meatballs. Ginger and Braggs were added to taste and I used 2 packages of the soba noodles. After the noodles were done cooking I removed the pot from the stove and stirred in about 8 to 10 ounces baby spinach. Voila... dinner!    

Holy Cow was this stuff popular! All my guys, Frizzlecuff, Surly, & Virtual were oohing and aahing and smack'n their lips! It was requested that I make this tasty dish again soon but they wanted me to try a more "chewy", substantial noodle. Well, tonight was the night for round two. The only thing I did differently was... I used udon noodles instead of the soba and at the last minute I decided to throw in some chopped green onion. It took about 40 minutes the second time around because the udon noodles needed about 13 to 15 minutes to cook.



This is now one of Surly's favorites!





No comments:

Post a Comment